"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."
- John Quincy Adams
Kern County's Employee Recognition Award Program is designed to motivate, recognize, and reward exemplary performance that supports the County's overall organizational goals. Recognition is an effective method for motivating employees by endorsing their high quality performance in highly visible programs and ceremonies, and helps employees identify which skills and behaviors are of priority value to Kern County.
Employee Recognition Awards will be conferred each year at the annual awards event. Individual and team winners will be selected by the Recognition Review Committee.
The Employee Recognition Awards Program is funded by the County of Kern with the goal of realizing improved customer service and increased efficiency through an investment in its human resources.
- Any County employee may nominate him/herself or any other permanent County employee
- Individual employees or workgroups/teams may be nominated
- The following are not eligible for an award:
- Members of the Employee Recognition Award Committee (ERAC)
- Members of the Recognition Review Committee (RRC)
- The Board of Supervisors
- Members of the public
- Fill out the Employee Recognition Award Nomination Form
- Submit the filled-in form and any supporting documentation (charts, graphs, printouts, etc.) to:
Employee Recognition Award Committee (ERAC)
Human Resources Division
1115 Truxtun Avenue, 1st Floor
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Fax: (661) 868-3110
Questions may also be addressed to the ERAC at (661) 868-3163.
- Members of the Recognition Review Committee (RRC) will evaluate the nominations and select the top individual and team candidates
- RRC will forward the top candidates to the ERAC to begin the award process
- If nominees are equally qualified for the award, more than one award per category may be presented
- All nominees will receive recognition in some fashion
Since its inception in May 2008, the Employee Recognition Award Committee has processed over 500 nominations and presented over 50 awards.
|Year||Winners & Nominees List||Awards Ceremony|
|2016 Awards||Winners and Nominees||2016 Ceremony Video|
|2015 Awards||Winners and Nominees||2015 Ceremony Video|
|2014 Awards||Winners and Nominees||2014 Ceremony Video|
|2013 Awards||Winners and Nominees||2013 Ceremony Video|
|2012 Awards||Winners and Nominees||2012 Ceremony Video|
|2011 Awards||Winners and Nominees||2011 Ceremony Video|
|2010 Awards||Winners and Nominees||2010 Ceremony Video|
|2009 Awards||Winners and Nominees||2009 Ceremony Video|
|2008 Awards||Winners and Nominees||2008 Ceremony Video|